Questions from Thailand. What would be your read?

Dear Dr. Bob

I got tested 5 weeks after an exposure in March. The screening test came back indeterminate. Therefore, my ID doctor got my new blood sample to run WB. It came back Negative. Three months after the first test - July (4 months after exposure), I got tested again at different hospital. The screening test came back indeterminate again so I had to provide the new blood sample, however this time the doctor order HIV PCR DNA (understand that it is qualitative). It came back negative. FYI, in Thailand now, they do not provide WB test anymore.

However, this year I have developed the oral candidas through out this year. Actually it started in Dec 09. Then doctor prescribed me the Mystatin. However, it keeps coming back.

I understand that at the stage where oral candidas develop. HIV antibody should already be detected since my first test in April however; in my case it is inconclusive and WB negative. From your web it means I am negative.

My questions are: 1. Can I conclude that I am negative? My doctor said so? 2. Oral candidas should be caused by some other thing? 3. Is further testing recommended?

Thank you very much Dr. Bob. I will find way to donate, appreciate your good work here.

Confusing man

Hello Confusing Man,

1. You are definitively and conclusively HIV negative.

2. If indeed what you have is oral candidiasis, it is certainly not caused by HIV.

3. No further HIV testing is warranted.

Thank you for your interest in making a donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stop worrying and start WOO-HOO-ing. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Fleshlight Fears (FLESHLIGHT) (SEX TOYS, 2009)
Im HIV positive and scared about whats happening to me