|Adopting, need help;donation to follow
Nov 10, 2009
My partner and myself are planning to adopt,and I'm not quite sure if it's my stress level on doing so; my anxiety about HIV has been a problem since I was a teen, and recently started up again. I don't know if it's my existential anxieties or OCD, but either way I need your opinion...
- I was sitting in class, and a young man sitting to my left had a small blood spot on his left inner elbow where it bends (where they usually take blood) I asked what it was and he said he had JUST got a TB shot and he took off the band aid. Basically 10 minutes before I was there, is when the shot was done. Now I'm worrying if there was any way if he had HIV and touched the blood spot then could have touched me on my arm on a cut or so forth. More worrisome is that he had touched the spot with his finger, then a moment later handed me a paper, and I grabbed the paper with a hand that had peeling skin that I bit out of nervousness and had bled previously. Does any of this sound worrisome? His wound was basically the size of the needle to give the TB shot. Should I worry or get other assistance with OCD?
$50 DONATION FLOWN YOUR WAY; I CAN SEND CASH CORRECT? It's easier that a cashiers check for me. Thank you!!
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Your problem is OCD (or "existential anxieties"), not HIV! The HIV-acquisition risk from the events you describe is absolutely nonexistent. I would strongly encourage you to get counseling (psychotherapy) to help you confront and conquer your totally unwarranted, completely irrational fears of HIV.
Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. It's warmly appreciated. Yes, cash is certainly accepted. The foundation's address is:
The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024
Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed "well!")
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.