Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

massage and masturbation
Nov 9, 2009

Hi, I am Vaid, software engineer from bangalore. I recently went to a massage parlor, where in the masseur actually masturbated me. She used a condom on me. She also got naked and I was allowed to kiss her.I did not smooch her. Just kissed her body, did not even touch her genitals. All I did was kissing her neck and lips ( no tongue involved while kissing her neck) and sucking on her breasts. She also sucked on my nipples for a while. I did not notice when she was putting a condom on me ( I mean I knew it but did not notice the act) but the masturbation happened inside the condom. Now after two weeks of that incident I had sore throat and fever. I also has stomach upset before this. I am shit scared as I read that these are symptoms of HIV.. Waiting to hear from you.. I would like to donate some money to your cause.. Please forward me the link.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Vaid,

The HIV-acquisition risk from a latex (or polyurethane) protected hand job from a Bangalore masseuse is completely nonexistent. Likewise, the kissing and boob sucking are not risks. Your worries are unwarranted.

The vast majority of cases of sore throats and fevers have absolutely nothing to do with HIV. Also, it's worth noting that "symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected.

From a medical perspective, HIV testing is not warranted. However, if my reassurance is not sufficient for you to shake your worries, you could consider getting a three-month HIV test to put your (unwarranted) fears permanently to rest. The test result will undoubtedly be negative.

Thank you for your interest in making a donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well. Stop worrying.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Women, you may be vulnerable after divorce!!!
Next
ARS Symptoms During PEP?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.