Please Dr. Bob!! 3rd time asking..please..

Dear Dr. Bob,

First of all, thank you for answering all these questions and making people's lives easier (even though you have to put up with all kinds of paranoia loons - such as myself) ...you're trully one of a kind..:)

Here's the thing..yesterday I went out to this bar, and I thought I got my menstrual cycle. I went in the bathroom to check and since I didn't have my own toilet paper(I didn't want to use the one in the bathroom) I used my finger (i didn't wash my hands from the doorknob previously :( ) and touched my vagina to check for blood...however it turned out to be a regular vaginal fluid. Before I went in the bathroom there was a girl inside..I don't know her. So my question is: Since I touched the doorknob in the bathroom and she also did, am I at risk with HIV because I touched my genitalia and vaginal fluid with my finger? I should mention that I went in the bathroom immediately after she went out...please dr. Bob, I'm so scared..I am afraid these fears will never stop! This is not the first time I panic over HIV...the smallest things make me go nuts! Should I be worried about this incident?

Miss Paranoia

Hello Miss Paranoia,

Should you be worried about this incident? Yes, you should, but not because of HIV! You should be worried because ". . . the smallest things make me go nuts!" HIV is not your problem. Your HIV-acquisition risk from this incident is nonexistent. However, you do have a significant medical problem that requires attention: irrational fear! I'd strongly recommend you seek psychotherapy (counseling) to help you confront and conquer your totally unwarranted and completely irrational fears of HIV.

SUPERINFECTION
Clarification please