Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

12 years of anxiety sending 200 dollar donation
Nov 8, 2009

Hi doctor bob, ive written a question in the past and you have answered it. However i never had to nerve to get tested. From 44-56 (today is my birthday).....I came out and became a kid in a candy store. I was told by the gay community that being 44 would be tough to meet men as ive passed the troll line. Boy with some good italian genes and a beautiful city like new york definitely proved them wrong.I ended up having many low risk ecounters with only 3 high risk situations in the 12 year period. Of course the 98 percent safe wasnt my focus, it was those 3 times that paralyzed me with fear. Also sociey, being an alter boy and the catholic church preaching predjidice and hate made me guilt ridden and almost to the point where i felt that i deserved hiv. It was all of these years of reading your posts that finally enabled me to muster up the courage to get the hiv home access express kit. It sat on my desk for another 4 weeks before i opened the box. I used to look at the box and say time to man up!!!!!...........It was the weekend that i did this after a belvedere martini and send off the fedex box at 2 in the moring. The longest 4 days of my life...When the counsler said NEGATIVE i couldnt hold back tears and her voice got very shaky as well and she said i am so happy for you. Ill never forget her compassion and genuine sincerity. I also learned that i am a spirtual peron that cant possibly be a part of structured religion that teaches hate. So doctor bob thanks to you and i will give back in many ways from here on in. I couldnt have asked for a better birthday present. Please let me know where to send my 200 dollar check and i wish you the best life possible and continue to do gods work. You truly are an angel to so many people and i for one will keep you in my prayers.......all the best to you and dr. steve

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

First off, Happy Birthday! Next, WOO-HOO! Next, I couldn't agree more with you about good Italian genes negating any "troll line!" (I actually never believed a troll line existed because let's face it, hot is hot at any age!)

Next, your comment, "being an alter boy and the catholic church preaching prejudice and hate made me guilt ridden almost to the point where I felt I deserved HIV," speaks volumes!!! The higher powers are supposed to be all about love, not hate. I still marvel at how the Catholic Church could have perverted their core message so completely. Then again, science (or even common sense) related to sex has never been their strong suit, right? Just look at their views on masturbation, conception and celibate priests (we all know how well this worked out).

Thank you for your generous and compassionate gift to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your one gift will touch many lives in desperate need. On behalf of those lives, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

The foundation's address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Thanks also for your kind words, thoughtful comments and prayers.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
PLEASE DR BOB! I AM BEGGING!I NEED YOU RIGHT NOW
Next
Toothbrush spunk follow-up question-Will donate

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.