Sorry: This is the Question? Re: I will send $100. Please help me here. - Read On!

Dr Frascino:

First, You are truly the best!! I will donate more than once. Even more than twice. I believe in your Foundation and your work. I also have quite a relationship with Extra TV and I am letting them know as well, what a hero you really are for people.

Thank You, and I don't mean to be redundant.

Now that I understand what your answer meant to a different client, I guess I would like to know about my situation I described below?? So I guess what I am asking you? What would the answer be in my peronal given situation? Can I catch HIV this way?

Do I need a test? I got tested in September so did I ruin this one? (neg. And what are my personal chances of catching the HIV virus in this way?

Thnak You, Matt

I will send $100. Please help me here. Nov 4, 2009

Dr Robert Fascino,

I was reading through your forum and had a similar situation happen to me as to another person who asked you a question. Now I am getting anxious over this incident.

What's up with guys getting the facials? I too, had a similar experience. I had a spot on my face in which I didn't know what it was. Maybe an in-grown hair or blemish that I messed with. ( I picked around on this area the night before.) Had a facial done the next afternoon. The person that worked on me, I notieced she too had a scratch or cut on her finger. So I asked her how that happened and she told me it happened a couple of days ago. She had touched my face a lot in the cleansing process and all the other things they do to you during a facial. What are the chances of catching the HIV virus in this manner if she had touched the blemished area on my face? What if she had run that finger along that same spot on my face. I do know that by being a fresh area on my face, all the heated moisture and cleansing materials could of easily opened up that spot,,,, plus I would think a persons hands are moist all day long in all that stuff they use everyday ,,, I don't know??

Do I need a test? I got tested in September so did I ruin this one? (neg). So before I ramble on, I will let you answer this.

I know what you answered another person that had a similar situation to mine, but I'm more concerned what happened to me!! Is HIV my problem here? You told another person that it was nonexistent? What did you mean by that? Please answer my dilemma.

Now my stress over this is giving me diarrhea and Gastroenteritis unless now I have symptoms. What do you think I need to do?

Also, Please send me an address where I can mail in a check donation.

Thank You, Matt

Hello Matt,

My assessment of the other guy's risk also applies to you. Your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent, no risk, nada, zero, zilch. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further HIV tests are warranted based on this "non-exposure." I just can't say it any more straightforwardly than that. You are HIV negative and there was no risk from your facial. No matter how many times you ask, the answer will always be the same (so please stop asking!): No risk. You are HIV negative. Period. End of discussion! OK?

Be well. Stay well.

Dr Robert Fascino,

Thank You, Matt

Hello Matt,

1. What's up with guys getting facials? Well, guys have faces too, so why not?!

2. What do I mean by "nonexistent" risk? Dude, isn't that self-evident? Nonexistent means something that does not exist. Therefore, a nonexistent HIV risk means the HIV risk does not exist. No risk, nada, zip, zilch, bupkis, got it? Good.

3. What do I think you need to do? I'd suggest you stop worrying. If you can't, then you need treatment for your anxiety.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. The foundation's mailing address is:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Be well. Stay well.

I Still have to wash the bathtub before my son takes his bath! WTH is Wrong with me!!!!
Recent incident--pls help --will make a donation