|I will send $100. Please help me here.
Nov 4, 2009
Dr Robert Fascino,
I was reading through your forum and had a similar situation happen to me as to another person who asked you a question. Now I am getting anxious over this incident.
What's up with guys getting the facials? I too, had a similar experience. I had a spot on my face in which I didn't know what it was. Maybe an in-grown hair or blemish that I messed with. ( I picked around on this area the night before.) Had a facial done the next afternoon. The person that worked on me, I notieced she too had a scratch or cut on her finger. So I asked her how that happened and she told me it happened a couple of days ago. She had touched my face a lot in the cleansing process and all the other things they do to you during a facial. What are the chances of catching the HIV virus in this manner if she had touched the blemished area on my face? What if she had run that finger along that same spot on my face. I do know that by being a fresh area on my face, all the heated moisture and cleansing materials could of easily opened up that spot,,,, plus I would think a persons hands are moist all day long in all that stuff they use everyday ,,, I don't know??
Do I need a test? I got tested in September so did I ruin this one? (neg). So before I ramble on, I will let you answer this.
I know what you answered another person that had a similar situation to mine, but I'm more concerned what happened to me!! Is HIV my problem here? You told another person that it was nonexistent? What did you mean by that? Please answer my dilemma.
Now my stress over this is giving me diarrhea and Gastroenteritis unless now I have symptoms. What do you think I need to do?
Also, Please send me an address where I can mail in a check donation.
Thank You, Matt
| Response from Dr. Frascino
1. What's up with guys getting facials? Well, guys have faces too, so why not?!
2. What do I mean by "nonexistent" risk? Dude, isn't that self-evident? Nonexistent means something that does not exist. Therefore, a nonexistent HIV risk means the HIV risk does not exist. No risk, nada, zip, zilch, bupkis, got it? Good.
3. What do I think you need to do? I'd suggest you stop worrying. If you can't, then you need treatment for your anxiety.
Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. The foundation's mailing address is:
The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024
Be well. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Neuropathy After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Giving Oral Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Receiving Head Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.