An angel: Dr. Bob

Dear Doctor, This is not a question. I would like to state that you are doing a great job. God Bless You. Two years ago, you answered all my questions and I see now you continue answering questions and relaxing people.

Dear People, I have read so many things about HIV in two years and i would like to remind you that believe Dr.Bob. He is the expert!

Have a nice day. You are an angel.

MKS

Hello MKS,

Welcome back to the forum and thank you for your very kind comments. They are warmly appreciated. By the way, did you ever find those extra-extra-large condoms you were searching for in Japan?

Be well. Stop by anytime. You're always welcome here.

HIV absorbed through scrotum? please help me.... May 13, 2006

Hello, I admire what you do and hope you are doing well. A donation is on the way. A wrote to you a couple days ago understandably with no reply. You must be swamped with questions and it must get very annoying answering the same ones over and over again. However,I could not find the answer to my question in the archives. I am a 22 yr old male who is teaching english to children in japan(great and rewarding job). However,recently I have had sexual relations with a friend of mine. She is japanese and i do not know about her sexual past. Unprotected sex(condoms are too small for me here but not an excuse i know). the first 2 times were condomless. I developed very dry skin on the head of my penis 1-2 days later as well as a red scrotal sack. about a week after that,we had sex again.this time i used a condom but some blood found a way to my scrotum. its been about a month now.i have a very small macupapular rash on my right forarm.right anterior cervical neck node was sore for one day and now is slightly swollen.the back of my neck aches.i cough in the mornings and night. my tongue is white and whiter in the back( i heard this is normal?)

Can HIV infection cause symptoms such as a dry,flaky penis head 1-2 days later?

Can HIV be absorbed through scrotal skin if blood comes in contact with it?

I know this is alot to take in but any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am so scared right now. I am alone in Japan. My family and friends are all back home in toronto. My thoughts are driving me insane.

kindest regards, MKS

Hello MKS,

I'll be brief.

1. Can HIV cause "a dry, flaky penis head" one to two days after unprotected sex? Nope.

2. Can HIV be absorbed through scrotal skin if blood comes in contact with it? Nope. HIV cannot permeate intact skin, scrotal or otherwise.

Unprotected sex does place you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV consequently I recommend you take a single HIV test at the three-month mark. The odds are all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from these sexual adventures; however, only a negative three-month test can give you a definitive result. I know first hand that larger-sized condoms, even ones that fit Italians, can be purchased in Japan.

Stay safe to stay well.

plz help me 3rd time asking.. i will donate nontheless.
nail scratched (HIV TRANSMISSION FROM FINGERNAIL SCRATCH, 2009)