Nov 2, 2009
hi bob,I took 28 days pep. I did an ELISA at 24 weeks and one day, is was negative. but I have done follow-up CD4 and CD8.my cd8<cd4 for 5 months. my doctor said I do not have HIV. my doctor but do not know why my CD8 are increased. please help me. cd4= 910 cd8= 1234
Response from Dr. Frascino
You are HIV negative. Consequently, there was no clinical indication for getting T-cell subsets (CD4 and CD8). By getting inappropriate tests, you are now trying to explain the results of tests that should never have been ordered in the first place. Your CD4 count is normal. CD8 cells can spike up for a variety of reasons. With such limited information, I can't comment further, other than to say your counts are not at all worrisome.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Blisters After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.