Thanks Dr. Bob and now its celebration time!

Not as much of a question, rather a brief account of my recent scare and how reading the information provided on this site- particularly Dr. Bobs- has helped me get through it all.

I was in Pattaya, Thailand recently and after a night of snorting cocaine and the consumption of about 30 beers, I ended up having unprotected anal intercourse with a Thai, transsexual prostitute with me being the insertive partner only. When I woke up the next morning in a drunken, foggy haze, I noticed there was a substantial amount of blood on the sheets of my bed. The "girl" next to me was just giggling and treating it all as a big joke saying "he he, you so big baby" and didn't seem concerned at all which made me even more worried. Terrified and thinking I was mostly likely staring down the barrel of a certain death sentence, I got the next flight home to Australia and commenced HIV blood testing.

I don't need anyone to tell me how stupid and irresponsible my behavior was but the last couple of months have been hell.

I just received my final results today and I am officially HIV negative. I guess I dodged the bullet and believe me, I've learned a valuable lesson from all this.

I just wanted to say Dr. Bob, the information you provide on this site and the way you take the time to answer all these inquiries from frightened people like myself in a caring non judgmental way has really helped me get through the last few months. I was actually too scared to post my experience prior to these results because I didn't want to cop a lecture on how stupid and irresponsible what I did was. I thought originally (due to my lack of understanding of the virus and the way it spreads) that if the transsexual I slept with had it, then I also automatically now had it. It was only after reading here that that is far from the case and the odds were actually heavily in my favor that I began to understand that there was indeed hope.

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to say thanks and keep up the fantastic work Doc. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

G'day mate,

Thanks for your kind words and taking the time to write in and share your story as well as your newfound insights! It's true. I probably would have commented on your lapse of judgment as a consequence of your 30 beers (30?!?!) and cocaine snorting; however, I certainly don't want folks to be reluctant to post their questions! After all, we are all only human. That means we all make mistakes. Yes, even yours truly. It's a well-known fact that the higher powers gave men both a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a time. Also it's worth noting all comments and questions here remain anonymous.

Be well. Stay well. (I'm sure you will.)

Need your advise on HIV risk n problems plsssss!
swine flu