re re big mistake in san fran r

Hello again Dr. Bob

Is there any possible way you can evaluate me ? Do you accept aetna ? Really I will catch the first flight to california I have a free plane ticket because the airline lost my luggage the last time I flew there on my wild adventure that brung me here. Ok so I told my infectous disease specialist that I was worried about the pcr missing my infection and the possibility of a crf or superinfection because she was a sex worker in a high prevalence hiv area and from another country and cause she is 37 doing this for a long time. So the doctor couldn't find the order code for an antibody test I believe for type 0 or something she didn't really explain just said she couldn't find the test. So she said she didn't need it she said ill just order a western blot and even if my suspicions were the case the blot would pick it up. And my absolute lymphocyte count is 1600. It normally is always between 2300 to 2500. Is that concerning. And im a 23 year old healthy male well was. Isn't a cd4 count of 850 pretty low. I know you said im who hoo able but its very hard to except givin my symptoms. This is the last time I will ambush you with questions. I promise. Also if I was indeed infected what is the chance of not one band being present on the western blot. Thank you. I really appreciate your service and it is awsome. Thanks

Your CD4 count of 850 is perfectly normal. There was no indication for ordering this test.

As I mentioned last time, you are conclusively HIV negative. Why would you want to use your free plane ticket to fly across country just to be told in person the exact same thing I posted here?? Certainly you can be seen at the Frascino Medical Group if you wish; however, I'm confident the evaluation would conclude that HIV is not your problem. Consequently, I doubt such an evaluation would be worth the time and effort. If you decide you want an appointment nonetheless, you can call the Frascino Medical Group at 650.917.1357 to schedule a consultation.

RE Big mistake in san fran.. WHO HOO able??? Oct 30, 2009

Hello Dr Bob

Thank you for answering previous question it brought me great relief. I have another question for you. My gp seems to be convinced that im infected with hiv considering my risk and my symptoms. So I went to see an infectious disease specialists her specialty was hiv. She ran several tests on me at 11.5 weeks. Cd4 was 850. Cbc normal, monocytes back down to 598, Wierd. Hiv rna non detected. She orderd a western blot because she said if my symptoms were from hiv then there's no reason why the 10 weeks antibody and rna test should be negative. So she said the western blot will sort out strains not covered by the Rna and antibody tests. Which also came back negative. Antibody negative. Now she said I am not infected and I can rest assured that my symptoms are from something else. But I am terrified that I am going to hurt someone else as my viral exhanthem and painful white tongue persist. Doc am I who hoo able. Or can I have a crf or somerhing that will make my window period longer because she was a sex worker and from vietnam crf a/e. Hopefully I hear from you soon thanks a lot Dr. Bob and if you could please post your charity link in your reply I would like to make a donation. Thanks

Your general practitioner is unquestionably wrong. I agree with the infectious disease specialist. You are absolutely "WOO-HOO-able." HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted or recommended. Should you be concerned about "CRF a/e?" No, absolutely not. I don't agree with some of the logic used by your infectious disease specialist (for instance ordering an isolated Western Blot to "sort out strains not covered by the RNA and antibody tests"), but I certainly agree with her conclusion: You are conclusively HIV negative. Unfortunately, I cannot diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet. However, I can with great certainly advise you what's not causing them: it's not HIV.

Thank you for your interest in The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. The foundation's Web site is www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well. Stop worrying. Start WOO-HOO-ing!

HIV Testing. Big mistake in San Fran Oct 18, 2009

Hello Dr Bob.

Hi im an east coast idiot who got alittle to excited in Cali and visited an asian mesage parlor and only possibly got hiv out of the 140 dollar experience. My question for you Dr. Bob is I had protected vaginal intercourse with the lady but somehow contracted chlamydia. The condom didn't look broken but I didn't investigate to hard as I made a b line for her shower and used her bar of soap to clean my tally wacker. Another mistake. So 5 weeks later I developed small pink dot on my abdoman. 6 weeks later my tongue began to burn and taste like metal. 8 weeks post I went to the gp he diagnosed me with a viral exanthem on abdoman maculopapular. And a yeast problem of the tongue with unknown causes. My blood work was norma except absolute monocytes were high 998. Hiv 1/2 and all other stds negative. So my main question is if my symptoms developed at 6 weeks would the hiv antibody and rna test I took at 10 weeks be positive if those symptoms were indeed from hiv. I will be getting my final 3 month test in 2 weeks. I just would really like your insight please. I can't wait to hear from you and I think you are a really cool down to earth guy. Thank you

An Asian "mesage" parlor? Hmm. OK, if you say so.

Protected sex is indeed protected, assuming you used the latex or polyurethane condom properly and it did not break.

Chlamydia is much easier to contract than HIV.

A negative HIV-antibody test plus an undetectable quantitative HIV plasma RNA viral load test are strongly indicative that you are HIV negative. I'm extremely confident your definitive three-month HIV-antibody test will also be negative.

Troubled man
one positive rapid test followed by 10 negative rapid test..