DONATION MADE - MANY MORE TO COME - PLEASE READ - PLEASE HELP!

Dr. Frascino,

I do own a company and we give to many Foundations every month. Yours will be a regular donation for our company. I really believe in what you are doing by helping people. I know for my own peace, you are the only person that I trust. I hate to sound redundant but I would like to clarify the questions I have asked you.

Now if I can make you understand the question a little deeper in the pipmle parnoia.

In the situations that I described below I wasn't talking about a pimple that pusses. I had either an ingrown hair that I messed with, or it could of been a nick from shaving, or a pimple. On her face she has a bumpy complextion and says she gets acne quite a bit. She had too much make up on to cover anything I could see with the naked eye. So I'm still a little paranoid. I guess what I am asking... These would not be pimples that puss, but maybe ones that might have bled, or been open, or newly scabbed..... Hidden by makeup.

Question #1.) If I had a pimple on my cheek and she gave me a kiss ,,, and it hit the area of where the pimple is,,, What are my chances of me getting HIV from this? I do not think my pimple was open, but what if it was?

Question #2) Here's a really messed up follow up question. Wht if she truly had a pimple on her cheek as well, and if I didn't see it,,, and it rubbed up against mine. Now what are the chances of getting the HIV virus?

I guess both situtaions What are chances of contracting HIV this way. Again, I couldn't see through her make up to confirm anything that was open ,, but what if it was or had been,,,, and rubbed up against my abbrassion on my face?

I just had another incident that scared me, could you please help?

Question #3) I hope you can help me with this as well.. I go for facials to try to keep my face well kept. I had a facial on Wednesday. I noticed that same pimple area on my face (don't know if it was open during the facial or not) So this woman gives me a facial. The next day I see her again to ask a question, and noticed a little cut on her finger next to her finger nail. She told me that on Monday (two days before my facial) she got the cut on her finger at the nail salon when she got her nails done. I know that esthetians always have there hands wet from being in liquids and cleansers all the time that they use on people. I am now scared out of my wits. What if my pimple opened up while she was giving me a facial? What if her scratch (cut) rubbed along my face where I had that pimple or abbrasion. What are the real chances of catching HIV this way? Please, help me ..... I am freaking out about this too. I do not know what to conclude?!!

Please help me find peace and put all this to rest. Should I be worrying or having anxiety. Does any of these situations warrant a HIV test. I just had one recently and I was fine. (neg)

You will be seeing many many more donations from my company in support of your work.

Thanks Again, Paul

OK, one last time and taking your additional information into consideration, your HIV-acquisition risk is nonexistent. I really do understand your question!

Responding to your specific questions:

1. Nonexistent.

2. Nonexistent.If you couldn't even see through her makeup, how do you expect HIV to fight its way through?

3. Nonexistent. Your fears are once again completely unwarranted.

HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No HIV testing is warranted or recommended. Paul, being "scared out of your wits" over issues such as the three above is irrational. If my reassurance is not sufficient for you to completely shake your worries, you could consider getting a single HIV test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative and the only reason to get tested would be a psychological one to put your (unwarranted) fears permanently to rest. If that doesn't completely calm your anxiety, I'd recommend psychotherapy (counseling) to help you confront and conquer your irrational HIV fears and accept the truly wonderful reality of your HIV-negative status.

Thanks for your support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are and will remain HIV negative.

Be well. Stop worrying!

Anxiety to the Max - Plase help me Dr. Bob Oct 29, 2009 Dr Bob,

I had an experience with a woman that pressed the side of her face against mine and acted like she kissed me like a french person does. She recently had a HIV test done and her test was negative. Her face looked clear to the naked eye. I had a pimple on mine. Is there any chance I could catch the HIV virus from having an un-popped pimple on my face. I am losing sleep over this. Please help. What are my chances of HIV in this example?

Joe G.

Dr.Frascino,,,, Please Help Me ,,, I'm going NUTZ !!

Dr.Frascino,

I nkow you get much deeper questions but this is giving me more stress than I can handle.

Question #1.) If I had a pimple on my cheek and another woman gave me a kiss ,,, and it hit the area of where the pimple is,,, What are my chances of me getting HIV? I do not think my pimple was open, but what if it was?

I'm sorry for being ignorant and not knowing as much as I should about this subject. Please help.

Please also help guide me where I can make a considerable donation to your site!!

Help me just this once.

Thank You,

Paul

Hello Paul or Joe G. or whomever (just how many names do you have, by the way????)

French air kisses do not transmit HIV. If they did, everyone in Paris would have been HIV positive long ago.

1. Even with a pimply puss, there is no risk for HIV transmission.

2. Even with two pimply pusses, there is no risk for HIV transmission.

Now will you please stop with all the pimple paranoia?

Thanks for your donation to the The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well. Stop worrying.

Use of Combivir
hiv status