Update/ HIV Home Access Test FDA approved

Hi Dr. Rob,

I wrote to you back in November 2008 regarding my affair with a younger man. The affair started in January 2008 and lasted until July 19, 2008. Since then, I took your advice and wanted to give you an update. Of course, I have another question? As I told you previously, we always used a condom during sexual intercourse, but the condom slipped off twice. Once in Jan. 2008 and once in May 2008. Relationship ended July 19, 2008. Tested negative for HIV on August 21, 2008. Had blood drawn at the MD office and it was sent to the lab. I wrote to you and you recommended I get another test since I was still within the window period when I got tested. Well, I did another test recently, which came back negative. I did the HIV Home Access Test. Should I do a third test, or do you feel my results are accurate?

The Home Access Express test is FDA approved, very reliable and highly accurate. It's sensitivity and specificity compare favorably to ELISA testing. Consequently, your negative Home Access test at three months from the time of your last possible exposure is considered definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able! No further HIV testing is warranted.

Be well!

First time asking. I will donate $100 for your response!
Not a question, a resource (THE CANADIAN AIDS SOCIETY GUIDE TO HIV TRANSMISSION RISK)