Different encounters

Hi Doctor,

This is the second time I am writing to you because as I have not received you kind response yet. I am writing to you from Kenya in East Africa having stumbled upon thebody website. I am a 39 year old man of African decent and I am diabetic. I have been scared stiff when two and a half months ago I had rashes on my back which my dermatologist diagnoed as roseas and that they would disappear. Indeed they did go away after two months.

However, since the day I noticed the rashes I became very anxious and stressed linking them to hiv symptoms. So I need your judgement based on my past sexual encounters.

1) First sexual experience - Kissing a lady and receiving unprotected oral sex from her once six years ago. I remember I cummed into in her mouth. No sexual intercourse occurred. 2) Since then I have received several blow jobs from about a dozen prostitutes. In all occasions I put a condom first. So it was blow jobs with condom on and I cummed in the mouth in all occasions, ofcourse with condom on my cock. 3) I have received several hand jobs at massage parlours. Only hand jobs till I cum. 4) On one occasion, five years ago, I dry humped with a prostitute who was HIV +. I was in my pyjamas with nothing underneath and she had pyjamas on also but nothing underneath. I laid on my back and she sat on my groin and she vigorously rubbed her vagina against my penis for several minutes with only our pyjamas on. I didn't cum in the encounter while I can't recall if she either cummed or not. However, my cock was always in my pyjama during the session and there was no insertion in her vagina. Is there a possibility of her vaginal secretions, if there were any, pass through the pyjama and infect my cock?

Please advise the chances of hiv transmission to me in above emcounters especially the last one since I am sure the lady was hiv+. Would really appreciate your answer. In the meantime I am gathering up some funds to contribute to your course.

Thanks and will always support you rom as far as Kenya in East Africa.

Regards

Buddy

Hello Kenyan Buddy,

Prior to addressing your specific questions, I should point out that the vast, vast majority of cases of rosacea have absolutely nothing to do with HIV. Also. The only reason to worry about HIV or to get HIV tested is your degree of transmission risk, not the presence or absence of "symptoms."

Turning now to your questions:

1. Unprotected insertive oral sex carries only a very minimal risk for acquiring HIV. (You can read more about this in the archives of this forum. We have a chapter devoted to oral sex.)

2. Latex (or polyurethane) condom-protected sex (oral, vaginal or anal) is indeed "protected," assuming the condom was used properly and did not fail (break). Consequently, if your blow-jobs were condom protected, the HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent.

3. Massages with happy endings ("rub-and-tug") are not considered a risk for HIV transmission.

4. Frottage ("dry-docking," rubbing without insertion) is not considered a risk for HIV transmission. Again, your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent.

Finally, Buddy, if for whatever reason you feel you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark for a definitive test result. You can read much more about sexual HIV transmission in the archives of this forum. Have a look. By the way, the answers to all your questions were already there waiting for your double click!

Be well. Play safe and you'll stay safe.

Follow-up to an incomplete story a year ago.
I am told to ask someone I trust and I trust your answers.