Hope this doesn't sound too crazy

I know you answer some crazy questions but here is mine. I had unprotected oral with a female who I later found out was + (I performed on her). I have a wife and child, my child was 8 months at the time. I continued to have unprotected sex with my wife until I found out. I know POS thing to do. I have tested - after 6 months now, but am still having symptoms. THE thing I am worried about is that I read that a mother passed HIV on to her child by chewing food and giving her child the food, which my wife has done. I am so scared that I endangered no only my wife but my child as well. Is it possible to show negative after my 6 month test (which is my 6th one to 190 days)and infect them both?! I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did. Thanks for listening and for all the help you offer people like me, even after we have done rotten things. Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Your negative HIV test at six months from the time of your "lunch at the Y" experience is definitive and convulsive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV testing is warranted. I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet but I can tell you with absolute certainty what's not causing them: It's not HIV!

Charlie, your problem is guilt, not HIV. I'd suggest you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it's also the right thing to do.

Be well Charlie! Remember, HIV is not your problem!

You are great
Just a little good luck karma