Stepped in semen

Hi! I recently posted about this incident, but I felt it was important to mention this. After stepping in said semen, I noticed I did have a small place on the top of my foot that had been worn a little raw from my heels that same night. Not enough to bleed, but enough to peel my skin. Like I mentioned, it was on the top of my foot so I dont believe it touched the semen, but is it possible that the semen stayed on my skin and maybe was somehow transferred to the top of my foot? I kindly thank you for taking the time to answere this question for me, thank you Dr.Frascino!

You're wondering if semen on the bottom of your foot "maybe was somehow transferred to the top of your foot"??? No, of course not. Secondhand stepped-in spunk is not mobile! It cannot climb, crawl or cha-cha-cha its way from the bottom to the top of your foot and then do a swan dive into your boo-boo!

Stepped in semen, you're wondering how, right? Oct 26, 2009

Hello!

After having protected intercourse with someone, he tossed the condom to the side of my bed without tying it first (disgusting, I know. Needless to say, I dont plan on seeing him again) As I then get up from bed, I procede to step in his semen, which is soaking in my carpet. My question is, what are the chances I contracted HIV (if he were to have it) from my skin coming in contact with said semen. Thank you in advance!

I have addressed this issue (skin contact with HIV, not carelessly flung condoms full of spunk) numerous times in this forum. HIV cannot permeate intact skin (except for perhaps at the site of a previous herpetic lesion). Stepping in a puddle of "baby batter" is not a risk for acquiring HIV, assuming the skin on your sticky tootsies is intact.

swallow or spit (SPIT OR SWALLOW, 2009)
Different Answers by different Docs (WHEN TO START TREATMENT, 2009)