Conclusive or Not??? Would like to donate $50

Dr Bob,

Thanks for all the work you do helping people. I would like to donate $50 to your organization to try and help as well. I have learned a lot the past 12 weeks about this disease and how it impacts lives all over the world. I have also learned other leasons from my experience that I will never forget. My story starts over 12 weeks ago when after spliting up with my girlfriend, I met a woman on line and after too many drinks had unprotected sex with her. I dont know much if anything about her and have no way to contact her so I am not sure of her status although fear she does this quite freqently. 2 weeks or so after, my lymph nodes in the groin and under the arm swelled. I didnt have a fever or rash but this started me to look on the Internet about symptoms. Of course I feared that it was ARS. I took a rapid fingerstick test at 6 weeks and then 8 weeks and both were negative. I just had my 12 weeks (84 days) rapid fingerstick test and it too was negative. I am a little confused about the 3 months vs 12 weeks vs 6 month window period. Can you please tell me if I can Whoo-Hooo, stop worrying, and get on with my life or do I need to continue testing? Are my test conclusive? I am now back with my girlfriend and we have abstained since my encounter in late July. I do not want to risk hurting anyone. Can you please give me your advice? Where do I send my donation?

Thank you!

Thanks for your kind comments. Your repeatedly negative rapid HIV tests out to 84 days are definitive, conclusive and WOO-HOO-able. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted.

Thank you for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. Donation information for the foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well!)

my heart is broken by husband and PHObia
swallow or spit (SPIT OR SWALLOW, 2009)