"Remember me..George Clooney look-a-like :)" Part Deux

Thanks so much for your advice, I was talking to my friend whom I was with and she said "what kid, it wasn't a kid it was some guy". I must have looked fast and presumed it was a teenager and didn't realize it was a man. Does this make this risk any different because it was a man?

And not sure if you received my "add-on" but I had dry, white, scaly-like skin because I tend not to use lotion. So the dogs nose rubbed on that type of skin. So would this be an added risk if he had blood on his nose??

Any risk with this new info?

Promise this will be the end to this worry after you insight me. I think I may need that martini a.s.a.p! :(

I didn't forget that donation! I'm going to do that after I send this! I love you doc, I really do and if you want me to grow my leg hair back I will! Let me warn you, I "look like harry monkey!!"

Hey George,

The updated information about the kid being a dude and your dry, white, scaly skin does not change my assessment one bit. Your HIV-acquisition risk remains nonexistent.

I should also mention if the choice is dry, white, scaly skin versus "hairy monkey" legs, I'd say bring on the chimp!

We'll use the martinis to toast your good health!

Cheers!

Remember me..George Clooney look-a-like :) +$50 donation Oct 26, 2009

Hey doc!

It's been a while, but too soon for another worry. I promise to donate again for your advice. I was walking my dog at an outdoor mall type place. And i noticed my dog sniffing some kids' leg. When I went to yank the leash I noticed the kids' leg was bleeding.. now here's my worry. 3-5 mins later, my dog rubbed his nose on my bare leg(p.s I shave my legs). I felt the wetness of his nose. When I got home about 40 mins later, I took a shower to wipe my leg, but didn't look to see if there was blood on my leg.

Here is my worry: What if my dog licked the kids blood and what if it was HIV infected blood, or even just got the blood on his nose, then wiped his nose on me and that was the wetness I felt? I shave my legs so I could have open pores... If this could be a risk, would I have to have a significant wound on my leg (something I would notice?) Would there be a risk here, or is another OCD moment?? Please help!

P.S Martini soon? You and I? :) Donation on it's way via paypal! Who is the paypal sent to?

Once again it's your OCD, not HIV, that is at issue here. Your HIV risk from Toto (or Marmaduke?) is nonexistent. First off, what are the chances the kid was HIV infected? Next, what are the chances your canine could transmit an adequate quantity of HIV-tainted blood via his nose or tongue to cause viral transmission Finally, unless you shaved your legs with a machete and had open wounds similar to having Edward Scissorhands give you a massage, your smooth legs were not a potential exposure site for HIV. So, add all this information together and hopefully you can realize your HIV risk was nonexistent and your worries are irrational and completely unwarranted.

One last comment, as a George Clooney look-a-like, should you really be shaving your legs? I know for a fact Clooney does not. But despite that, sure, I'll still have a martini with you.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, including the PayPal link, can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thanks for your support. Remember, HIV is not your problem, OK George?

Be well.

Atripla and reduced risk of passing HIV?
Doctor, help me please! I'm in need it!