Have a deep anxiety about my waiting period.

I had one of the worst days of my life today. I hope you can help me and help me relive some anxiety I have looked through questions and you seem compassionate.

A public health advisor came to my oms door giving them a note saying they needed to speak tome urgently. When I called the advisor. She came to my house and informed me that someone i have been with came out HIV positive and I was named as a partner. After I cried she gave me a HIV saliva swab test and i now have to wait 7 days for my results.

Now let me tell you my sex history. I havent had any sex of any kind other than self love in 3 to 4 months. In may of 2009 I took a HIV quick test and came out negative.

Relying on that Im guessing I might have cointracted it after that if i did contract it. So I have 2 partners since may of 2009. I have slept with both at different times on and off for 3 years. But since may I slept with 1 twice and the other 3 times. All condomless. ONe of them told me he hasnt taken a test so it s not him. The other I havent gotten in contact with. But he only ejaculated in me once. Should I be worried?

Yes, I can be compassionate, but sweetie it's time for a dose of reality! You ask should you be worried. You've been having "condomless" sex with several partners! Yes, of course you should be worried! You've broken Dr. Bob's two cardinal rules:

Rule #1: We must consider all our sexual partners could be HIV infected and therefore take all the necessary precautions to prevent transmission of the virus.

Rule #2: Always remember Rule #1.

Unprotected sex places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. All you can do now is get an HIV test at three months or longer from your last potential exposure. If you've had a significant HIV exposure, the CDC recommends a follow-up test at the six-month mark as well. Hopefully this anxiety provoking experience will serve as a wakeup call never to put yourself at risk again. Unprotected sex is not worth the potential devastating consequences.

Good luck on your HIV tests.

Protected French Kissing
Atripla and reduced risk of passing HIV?