The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hello again from Dallas

Oct 26, 2009

Hello again my friend. I was very anxious, and took a home access test at 2 months: Negative. My three month test comes up Weds. The little bit of knowledge I have has gone a long way to making me a nervous wreck. Thanks for getting back to me last month. As I go through my day, I sometimes think of your help during this period in my life; I try and pay it forward. Send good Karma to Texas on Weds. Best. A

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi A,

Welcome back! Your negative two-month Home Access test is extremely encouraging. Remember, the vast majority of HIV-infected folks will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four to six weeks. Consequently, your negative eight-week test is excellent news indeed. I suggest you begin practicing your Texas WOO-HOO. Or will that be a yippie-ay-yay???

An extra dose of my good-luck/good-health karma is being sent via UPS. That means it'll be on your doorstep by 10 AM! (or postage is free!). Hang in there cowboy. You're just about home free. I've got a very good feeling bout this one. Wednesday is going to be one very happy day for you! I look forward to sharing your great news and celebrating your definitive and conclusive negative HIV status very very soon!

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Risk of HIV transmission to my 5 year old daughter? Please answer if you have time
Opinion on risk not asked much on this site.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint