Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Unprotected Oral with LadyBoy. $50 donation promised
Oct 25, 2009

Hello Dr Frascino. I've just come back early from a holiday in Thailand because I am so worried. I gave unprotected oral sex to a ladyboy (did not swallow); we then proceeded to have protected anal sex (I was the insertive partner)- no condom breakage, lots of lube, successful withdrawal and condom removal followed by thorough washing in shower). I am hetero and this is my first (and will be my only) time I have engaged in this activity. It really didn't do it for me. However, I'm really scared about the outcome of this - I was ignorant of the risks of oral sex - I assumed swallowing as the determinate issue. Please help to put my mind at rest. I will be making a prompt donation if you reply. Kind regards.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Oral sex carries only a very low risk for HIV acquisition/transmission. Protected anal sex would indeed be "protected," assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break. Your fears are out of proportion to the real (and very slight) degree of actual risk. This most likely is due to guilt issues related to your first Thai lady boy sexperience.

I would recommend you get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark, primarily to put your worries permanently to rest. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this "one night in Bangkok" cock banging!

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-karma that your definitive three-month test is negative. I'm confident it indeed will be negative!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Sexual Orientation and HIV???
Next
update

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.