Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sexual Orientation and HIV???
Oct 25, 2009

Hey Doc, it's the "Advocate" stopping by again, the last post I responded to was the health care crap someome was spewing, but I just had to comment on some of the last couple of posts...What is with the sexually confused men...the last 3 posts i read was about them having "bi-curious" encounters and feeling guilty about them and then wantiing 2 know their risks...the question is are they feeling guilty b/c they are being unfaithful to their spouses or is b/c they are having hot sexual encounters with the same sex??? are they worried about their HIV risk receiving bj because it was performed by another man???? if it was another woman would they be feeling so "guilty" and scared? I am not knocking them, to each their own, I love gay men...they are the best... but let's be honest here....HIV does not discriminate and whether it's a hot guy or hot chic, a risk is a risk....thanks 4 the funny comments....and i agree, some counseling may be necessary for all those "bi-curious" men.

The Advocate

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Advocate,

". . . Are they feeling guilty because they are being unfaithful to their spouses or because they are having hot sexual encounters with the same sex partners?" The answer is a resounding "both!"

". . . Are they worried about their HIV risk receiving a bj because it was performed by another man??" Yep! Absolutely. They would not feel as guilty or as worried if it were a woman on the other end of their cheating penis popsicle.

We've seen many, many men caught up in this conundrum. They begin to recognize their true sexual orientation after they are already married to women. They desperately don't want to be gay and yet sexual desire often leads them to do unwise things. The guilt is intensified, because they had gay sex. HIV becomes a major worry, as they fear they should be punished for their "sin." If folks were allowed to realize and express their true sexual orientation without societal disdain, stigma and hate, these "bi-curious" duds who in reality are gay enough to bottom for Liberace would be leading much happier, healthier lives.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Fellow Rochesterian please I need your expertise
Next
Unprotected Oral with LadyBoy. $50 donation promised

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.