Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Barebacked, but Wiser Fool
Oct 23, 2009

WOO HOO, Dr. Bob. Taken Tuesday, October 20, exactly three months from the day of my willful, documented exposure to HIV, my STD test (including a test for HIV) came back negative, I am "Barebacked Fool" (September 1, 2009) whose restless wait for this good news has helped teach me what you said that unprotected anal sex is never worth the risk of catastrophic consequences. As you wished, I had plenty of good nookie while waiting but never with anyone who was unaware of my predicament. I still have the six month test to take as recommended by the CDC for anyone with documented exposure to HIV to put the final OK on my good luck so far, but I think I'm probably right that my chances now are better than par. The flesh is weak, but I pray that God will strengthen my resolve and that He will stand by to "Deliver us (and me) from Evil." I have just made a small contribution to Concerted Effort (www.concertedeffort.org). I will send another contribution when I take my six month test in January, 2010 however it turns out. I am so thankful that a guy like you is out there for all of us. I read somewhere that you think of yourself not as a warrior, but as I lover. I love you, Dr. Bob. Wiser, Barebacked Fool

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Wiser-Guy,

Thanks for the update and congratulations on your negative three-month HIV-antibody test. Excellent and very encouraging news!!! Your chances now of remaining HIV negative at six months are far, far, far better than "par!" In fact, I'd suggest you begin practicing your WOO-HOO!!! (I'm sure it's going to be a real doozy when you finally let her rip!)

Thank you also for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive six-month HIV-antibody test remains negative.

Love you too mate. Good luck. Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
testing question..6th time...pls save me...answer just in yes or no...pls doctor..i am confused...pls...
Next
Bobby!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.