Viral Load is 0

Hello - Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I was being tested for lymphoma and I was told it was HIV. I had a cd4 count of 350 and a viral load of 20,000. I started to take Atripla and 6 weeks later, my CD4 is almost 500 and Iam undetectable. Although, undetectable I was told is a Viral load between zero and 50 I was told my Viral load is Zero. Now my concern is, Was I HIV positive or are we missing a cancer cell somewhere or is it possible it was something completely different and is it possible that Atripla actually can cure something else, which would have given me a false positive to begin with?

I assume you were being evaluated because of enlarged lymph nodes. Certainly both lymphoma and HIV disease would be in the differential diagnosis. I further assume you tested HIV-antibody positive and this was confirmed by a Western Blot test. Your decreased CD4 count of 350 and elevated HIV plasma viral load of 20,000 are consistent with untreated HIV disease. Your response to Atripla both immunological (CD4 count increase from 350 to 500) and virologically (viral load decreasing from 20,000 to undetectable) are also consistent with HIV disease treated with effective combination antiretroviral therapy. Don't be mislead by your "zero" viral load. This does not mean you are completely free of virus. Rather, it just reflects the lowest level of sensitivity of the testing assay and is only testing for virus in the plasma not all body compartments. There is no indication that your diagnosis is incorrect or that Atripla has "cured" anything. Rather, you are HIV positive and have had a good response to Atripla. You can discuss this further with your HIV physician specialist.

Just wanted to make sure you didnt think I was joking :)
Please help me (BACKSPLASH, TOILET WATER, 2009)