Just wanted to make sure you didnt think I was joking :)

My post was below, I wanted to make sure you didn't think I was joking :). I am a little confused though. It says blood exposure to the mouth can be a risk. Why would it not be if it was in the coffee. I hope I don't sound to uneducated. My wife also thinks I am crazy but that a whole other story :). You are 100% sure i can put this behind me. Thanks so much for the clarification.

Hi Sir, I have had quite a bit of worry today after an event that happened and I am not sure if it is a risk or not. I was in a bathroom at a downtown shelter where i volunteer and a fight broke out between two guys.The one guy was bleeding pretty bad near the sink. I had left my coffee siting on the counter and grabbed it and ran out. Had a sip and noticed there was blood in the coffee. I only had one sip but was wondering if I may have put myself at risk with this. I know blood is a risk but diluted is it still please answer I am a little batty over this freak incident. Will donate $100 on its way.

There are several reasons you should indeed put this behind you. First of all, HIV doesn't survive very long outside the body. Second, there would be a significant dilutional effect to flying blood landing in your cappuccino. Finally, coffee is not a hospitable environment for HIV. Consequently, I remain absolutely confident that you did not contract HIV from your Starbucks half-caf, half-decaf, soy mocha latte with one Splenda and a few drops of O negative blood. If my reassurance is not enough for you, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The result will undoubtedly be negative, but if it helps put your residual (unwarranted) fears permanently to rest, it may be worth the effort psychologically.

Be well. See you at the espresso bar!

2 guys 1 beach
Viral Load is 0