Okie Dokie You Can Poke Me!

Oh Dr. Bob,

Another example of not binge drinking while out on the town. I am a female and I met a cutie that said the right things to me. After a few beers (which make me horny) I let him take me to his place and we had sex with a condom. The problem is I gave him unprotected oral and the little devil spent in my mouth when he promised not to. I didn't think much of it at the time because I was tipsy. Then after awhile we proceeded with the condom sex. The next day I paniced because I never been with a stranger before, only a couple of boyfriends. I am now scared of hiv and think for sure I have to have it. I will get tested at the clinic here at three months. What are my chances of contracting HIV from this one incident? My mouth was dry from the alcohol. Love you lots like Jelly tots.

Gwenie

Hello Gwenie,

The estimated per-act statistical risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected receptive oral sex with a dude confirmed to be positively charged (HIV+) is 1 per 10,000 exposures. Your risk would be even less as we don't know the HIV status of your out-of-town-binge-buddy. As you can see, your risk is quite low, but not completely nonexistent. A single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark will give you a definitive answer. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from your oral escapade. What's most important is that your cutie patootie wore his latex suit before your okey-dokey-you-can-poke-me sexperience. 
Good luck. Be well.

HIV/AIDS Denial (AIDS DENIALISTS, 2009)
Flu Mist-H1N1