Very difficult situation! Please help! I will donate 50

HI Dr. Bob, I thank you in advance for your answer. You seem like a great guy! So I had sex with 3 ts workers for the first time. I gave oral without protection and recieved anal with protection. The first occasion however in retrospect is worrying. Firstly there was some sort of wet substance on the tip of the penis that I did not realize was there before oral(precum?). Secondly he/she came while giving me anal. Something I would not have allowed had I known. Now in comparison with the other experiences appon removal things down there were shall I say a little messy in comparison to the other times. There was a small amount of white/clear bubbly substance(sorry for the detail!) I even asked did the condom break and she said no.

A couple weeks after I got back together with my ex girlfriend after a few months apart. Now at that time I wanst very suspicions of anything I had used protection and I began to have unprotected sex with my girlfriend. Well a week went by and I got a sore throat with a dry cough(I never get sick). Now that got me a little worried, then my girlfriend about two weeks or so later. Went to bed one night and got night sweats and body aches and the same sore throat. She was getting her period at the same time but said this was not cramps. The body aches and night sweats went away after that night she never had a fever. But that same sore throat and dry cough remained just like mine plus she has had some fatigue.

At this point the light bulb goes off and I start dissecting the past events. My heart sank! Not only am I responsible for myself but the thought of potentially giving her hiv is to much to bare! I know this story includes me not being with her and having sex with ts's, but life is not black and white. I care about her very much and I acted selfishly and foolishly to do this to her!

I know you will tell me to get tested. But I need you to please break down my situation and tell me the odds I face.

Best Regards, Mike

Hello Mike,

I doubt I'll be able to tell you anything that you don't already know or that I haven't already written I this forum numerous times. Unprotected oral sex carries only a very low potential risk for HIV transmission/acquisition. The wet substance on the tip of the tranny tallywhacker was most logically pre-cum. Pre-cum can contain HIV and can transmit the virus; however, the concentration of HIV is generally significantly lower in pre-cum than in spunk.

Protected sex would indeed be protected if the latex or polyurethane condom was used properly and did not break. I have no way of determining what your "bubbly substance" was.

"Symptoms" are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. Neither your nor your girlfriend's symptoms are worrisome for HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome). However, the only way to be certain of your HIV status is to get an HIV-antibody test three months after your last shack-up at the tranny shack.

As for your guilt and anxiety, I'd recommend you level with your girlfriend. It's the right thing to do.

Good luck!

Blood in mouth
Happy Diwali, Doc. Bob