The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Looking for closure but can't find it...

Oct 17, 2009

Hi Dr. Bob,

Me again, "I ended up spending the money..."from Aug 17, 2009...I guess you're not going to respond to my latest request for an "all clear" based on my 55 neg Elisas; 3 neg naats; 1 undetec bDNA, 1 undetec pcr rna and 1 undetec pcr dna tests over 20 months. I guess I wouldn't blame you since I still have eye floaters and coated tongue and will be testing indefinitely until maybe I show pos...(hope not). These symptoms can tbe anxiety based so why not a CD-4 count? I'm scared And my life is a mess. Please respond. Do I Wooo Hooo despite symptoms Or should I seek out an HIV specialist for more extensize testing??? Please Dr. Bob, one last time...your thoughts on my situation. I'm begging you and may God Bless you!!!

Response from Dr. Frascino


One last time. After 55 negative ELISAs, three negative NAATs, one undetectable bDNA, one undetectable PCR RNA and one undetectable PCR DNA out to 20 months, exactly what part of "HIV negative" are you having difficulty understanding? You do not need more HIV tests or an HIV specialist. You need a psychiatrist to help you confront and conquer your totally irrational fears of being HIV infected. I agree your life is a mess. The problem is not HIV, but rather fear of HIV. Get the help you desperately need, not more HIV tests that you don't. Stop chasing a disease you could not possibly have.

Dr. Bob

The Other Side of the Lapdancing Question
Confession to my wife already! Will donate!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint