The Other Side of the Lapdancing Question

Dear Dr. Franscino,

I've searched the internet reasonably thoroughly and am having difficulty finding the information I'm looking for. I've been a sex worker (dominatrix) for a while now, but I've been offered a job in a lapdancing club. You get apparently lots of letters from guys who've had lapdances worrying about what they're going to bring home to their wives, but what are my risks of catching something (particularly HIV, for obvious reasons) off of *them*? It seems like the risks would be much higher on my end, particularly since guys sometimes ejaculate (whether on purpose or not) while getting lapdances.

Thanks for all your help, A (Usually) Happy Hooker

Hey Happy Hooker,

I've frequently stated in this forum that sex workers, lap dancers and "massuses" are at greater risk from catching something from their clueless horned-up clients than the other way around. Sex workers often know much more about STD/HIV prevention than the intoxicated horny out-of-town businessman at the local Badda Bing.

As for your specific STD/HIV risks, the same rules apply to lap dancers as to anyone else. Take a read through the archives of this forum. We have entire chapters devoted to safer sexual techniques, HIV sexual transmission and HIV sexual prevention and even a chapter devoted to sex workers. Get informed and play (or in your case "dance") safely and you'll stay safe and well. Remember, as the dancer you are in control of the situation, even when your clients are losing control of their throbbing tallywhackers. If they spunk up their tighty whities, that's their problem and no risk to you.

Stay well. Stay happy.

follow up
Looking for closure but can't find it...