Please do not hate me. I donated 2 times in 3 days but No answer from you. I try again.

Hi Dr. Bob,

I donated at http://www.concertedeffort.org/donate.html#creditcard.Please answer my questions. I have tried to search questions that are similar to my situation but I could not find that. No one fill water inside a condom to test the leak after having sex. I really love you. I wish you were in Australia so that I could meet you. I am an international student in Australia. I come from a developing country. I do not have much money to donate but I did donate. It is not a big amount of money but it means a lot to me.

About 80 days ago, I had sex with a married Australian man (Unknown HIV status). I was the one who inserted my penis in his body. I wore a condom but he used baby oil as a lubricant. I did not know that we should not use oil lubricants with a condom. Now, I know. I also know that baby oil decreases condomâs effectiveness and strength. In my case, the condom covered my penis all the time and I also know that my condom did not break because I filled water in the condom. No water escaped from the condom. However I would like to know some questions. In the body site, it said that Oil lubricant creates tiny holes (invisible holes), and HIV can get through them. I would like to know that

1. From this sex, Am I put myself at Risk for HIV? I am really scared. I could not concentrate my study please help.

2. Even my condom did not break (but I know it was weaken) but no water escape from the condom, Is HIV smaller than water so that it can get through my condom?

3. Can STD diseases get through a weaken condom? A Condom did not break.

4. DO i need to have the HIV test for this sex? 5. Next week, I will get a chance to go to a city so that I will have HIV test. However It will be only 86 days after having sex with the man. If my result is negative, Will it be conclusive? It is not 90 days.

It is true that oil-based lubricants, such as baby oil, Vaseline, skin moisturizers or Crisco, can denature latex. This, in essence, weakens the condom and makes it much more likely to tear. As for "tiny holes," well, I suppose as the latex disintegrates, holes will eventually form. That you tested your condom by filling it with water and it did not leak would suggest that your condom remained intact.

Addressing your specific questions:

1. Your HIV-acquisition risk would be negligible at best. If you are worried, and clearly you are, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. I'm quite confident the result will be negative.

2. Since your condom did not break and it passed the water balloon test, I would be confident it protected you from HIV.

3. If the condom doesn't break, STDs cannot get through.

4. I would recommend it for two reasons. First, you improperly used the condom by using baby oil. And second, you are obviously really freaked out and seeing a conclusively negative HIV test result would give you peace of mind.

5. Yes, a negative 86-day HIV-antibody test would be considered conclusively negative in your case.

Thanks for your donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative. I'm confident it will be.

2nd Generation Rapid Test and Window Period
Help