2nd Generation Rapid Test and Window Period

After making a mistake on the number of days since an episode of unprocted vaginal sex with a woman of unknown status, I tested negative at 80 days using the Oraquick Rapid Fingerstick test. I know I have to go back for a retest but my question is about the test itself. I have read that the 2nd generation test are not near as sensitive and effective as the 3rd generation. I was surprised to find out that the Oraquick Rapid Advance 1/2 is a 2nd generation test and not a 3rd. So, my questions are:

1) how much difference is there between the 2nd and 3rd generation test...is it by weeks or days? 2) should someone wait 6 months to test if using a 2nd generation? 3) I know you say 3 months before a test is conclusive but does that mean 12 weeks (84 days) or 3 calendar months? In my case, 3 months would be 92 days. What should I do? 4) what are my chances to test negative at 84 or 93 days?

I want to contribute to your foundation and was wondering if the gift tax deductible?

Thanks so much for your help.

1. HIV-antibody tests of any generation are quite accurate. The newer generations may pick up seroconversion a bit earlier, but the recommendations for a three-month window period are the same for all generations of the test.

2. No. The three-month window does not change with different generations of the test.

3. The immune system is not a calendar or stopwatch. It really can't tell time or days of the week. Your test will be considered conclusive if you count three months as 84 days, 90 days or 92 days.

4. Excellent!

5. All donations to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org) are tax deductible. The foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization. Thank you for your interest in making a donation. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test remains negative. I'm confident it will.

I apologize for Mitch McConnell
Please do not hate me. I donated 2 times in 3 days but No answer from you. I try again.