I apologize for Mitch McConnell

I read a post entitled, "Mitch McConnell is Evil!!!" I felt the need, as someone from Kentucky, to apologize for our senator. I am from Louisville, which is very progressive with anti-gay discrimination laws. However, rural KY can be nutty.

I just wrote a letter to the editor about Mitch to our newspaper, The Courier Journal. I spoke about him standing in the way of real healthcare reform and many other things.

I am not employed at this time. I got sick and had to be in the hospital for a week. I've got thousands of dollars in bills. My partner is a teacher and a firefighter. He has served his community and state; however, I cannot get his insurance because people like Mitch have gotten in the way of that. If I were to start working tomorrow, the hospital and doctors would be garnishing my wages. They want to get paid. It is just wrong that Americans have to worry so much about getting sick. Not working, I qualify for HAART meds assistance. I don't know if/when I do work again whether I will have to pay for the meds out-of-pocket--which I understand can be over $2,000/mth.

So, to the person who posted his/her disgust with Mitch, I apologize my state sent him to Washington.

Ted- Louisville

Hey Ted,

We promise never to hold you personally responsible for the decisions of "nutty rural KY!" I'm delighted you are writing letters to your local newspaper. Continue to spread the truth about health care reform and mean Mitch's madness!

Mitch McConnell is Evil!!! Oct 16, 2009

A letter I wrote to Senator McConnell on his website. The letter is probably a little bit to respectful/ professional considering Mr McConnell is an F-ing sleeze ball along with Boehner etc....but oh well...let me know what you think

Franco

Mr McConnell, Since republicans claim they have the answer to health care reform and would like to start over with a clean slate from the current reform being attempted by democrats....

Why didn't republicans attempt their own version of health reform/ overhaul when they held power from 1994-2006 instead of doing VIRTUALLY NOTHING!!! If you feel so strongly about being able to buy healthcare over state lines and malpractice award caps, you had those 12 years to attempt it, and you didn't!!!!!! Why did you wait till this current reform attempt before speaking up!!!

Hello Franco,

I believe it's becoming increasingly obvious that McConnell, Boehner and the GOP have absolutely no desire to reform health care in any substantive way. Republicans have tried to kill reform with smears, lies and scare tactics. However what they seem to be killing with their cries of "socialism" and warnings about "death panels" is their credibility. Hopefully Americans will see through their deception! If reincarnation does exist, no doubt these guys should be reborn as an inner city minority with a chronic medical condition and no health insurance. Of course, considering their other legislative positions and past actions, they'll be lucky if they are reborn as pond scum or perhaps dung beetles.

Lipoatrophy - can fat be restored?
2nd Generation Rapid Test and Window Period