Follow up: oral sex with + girl

Hi dr. Monster,

just wanted to let you know that I tested again at 179 days, and, of course (and thank God) it came back negative.

Thanks a lot for responding my post and for the wonderful work you do. Your work inspired me to do something about hiv in my country, I'll try to help in any possible way to spread information among youth about sexual transmission of hiv, or any other activity to stop spreading the virus.

Big hug from your X-worried Dominican friend.

Hi X-worried Dominican friend,

Welcome to our X-files (ex-worried wells). WOO-HOO!

I applaud and welcome your efforts to increase HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention.

Be well. Stay well.

Oral sex with HIV + girl Sep 25, 2009 Hi Dr. Bob,

Hope youre well.

I have posted this 2 times before, guess youve been busy writing back to all the worried dudes and dudettes who seek in your advices some peace of mind. In April, I had protected vaginal intercourse and unprotected oral sex (giving and receiving) with a girl, I licked, bitted, chewed and kissed her cosita. Yes, I had a lot of fun. What was not so funny was finding out she is HIV positive.

Now, Ive been reading a lot of your answers and Im aware odds are astronomical at my favor. Besides I tested negative for antibodies tests 7, 11 and 20 weeks after that encounter. Now, knowing cdc recommends tests at 3 and 6 months in cases like mine, based on your experiences:

1-what are the chances I test positive at six months? 2-Do you really think its necessary to re test? 3-If there are real possibilities of seroconversion beyond 3 months, why dont just advice 6 months for everyone who has been put him/her self in some risk even if the partners status is unknown? 4-Does tests generation makes any differences beyond 3 months?

Finally, I would like to remark that I dont pretend to criticize cdcs guidelines, just want your opinion based on your experience.

Ill wait anxious for your answers.

Thanks a lot.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English (Im Dominican). Bob, tú ere un montro (literally Bob, youre a monster. In D.R. it means Bob youre the best)

Dominican Worried.

Hi Worried Dominican,

1. Essentially nonexistent.

2. Medically no; however, it may help psychologically to put any residual fears permanently to rest.

3. I've addressed this issue numerous times before. Review those responses in the archives in the chapter devoted to HIV testing.

4. No.

Dr. Monster

Dépistage vih 6 semaines
csf exposure (CSF EXPOSURE, occupational exposure to cerebral spinal fluid)