The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

do i have hiv

Oct 15, 2009

about 2 years ago i had a lymph node in my neck a little swollen then the other day my armpits and groin but it happened around the same time i started taking these sex pills and a women from work just came back to work she was sick for two weeks. should i be very worried. Im just scared. the doctor gave me dyocicyclean and the nodes didnt hurt anymore. what would you think please give me advice.also how do i make a donation?

Response from Dr. Frascino


Why would you be concerned that you contracted HIV simply because: (1) you took "sex pills" and (2) a coworker who was ill recently returned to work??? Am I missing something in your history? Perhaps you took some boner pills and did an unsafe "dance with no pants" with the co-worker???

Dude, if you haven't put yourself at risk for HIV (by having unsafe sex, for instance), then you have nothing to worry about. If, on the other hand, you have placed yourself at risk, you should get an HIV-antibody test three months after the last potential exposure. It really is just that straightforward.

"Symptoms" are unreliable in predicting if someone is HIV infected. Rely only on your HIV risk and HIV test results.

Donation information from The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at Thanks for your interest in making a donation. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are and remain HIV negative.

Dr. Bob

hiv + doctor

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint