hiv + doctor

Hi doctor, this is may be the third time i ask you this question. I am a medical doctor a foriegn graduate who is hiv pos. after passing all the necessary tests to go to graduate medical education, I am now waiting for interviews. Does the fact that i am positive affect my placement? I am trying to work in the field of internal medicine or family practice. When is the time i need to disclose my status if i get residency? Do I need to disclose during interview? I am realy scared please help me

Don't be frightened. Just answer any and all questions truthfully. The subject of your HIV status may never come up. If it does, answer honestly. Ultimately you'll need an employment physical examination, which will probably include a screen for bloodborne diseases. Being HIV positive should not prohibit you from a career in medicine. I agree with your choice to enter a cognitive rather than procedure-oriented field of medicine.

Good luck with your interview!

I've searched and searched but cannot find the answer
do i have hiv