I've searched and searched but cannot find the answer

Hey Doctor,

By the way i have probably read like 100-200 posts and i love your sense of humour. Thanks for doing this working and helping people out. I have searched for this question and answer but could not find it.

I had an encounter with another male and i was the bottom. The activity was protected with a condom. The only thing that concerns me is that if there was some precum on my partners penis which he first touched and then put on the condom could it have rubbed off onto the condom during him applying lube? Could this have then entered by anus from the condom?

The condom did not break during all this. My question is just around the precum if it did rub onto the condom.

Can you please provide me an answer in terms of in reality this type of infection happening rather then theoretical assuming my partner was hiv + and there was some precum which was on his penis then to his hand to his condom and into my anus.

Many Thanks, Doc

Pre-cum can contain infectious virus and transmit HIV; however, in the situation you describe, this would be so extremely unlikely that the risk would be negligible. If my reassurance isn't enough for you to shake your worries, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

Continue to play safe and you'll stay safe.

Risk of infection
hiv + doctor