Risk of infection

Good afternon Dr. First, I want to congratulate you and all your staff on providing a service such as this that answers a lot of frustrated scared people, your work and human care is amazing. I wanted to ask you for any information related to probability-risk of HIV infection for a single unprotected act with a person with unknown status, and also with a person who is HIV +, more specifically, the risk for men from a single act of vagnal sex, and also if this risk could be lowered and to what point if the male is circumcised. I have read a lot of things on the net but I would much rather have some information from experts like yourself. Also, how common is loss weight as symptom in hiv and if a person that is chubby and doesnt do sports could also show signs faster?

"Vagnal" sex??? What's that???

The CDC statistical estimate per-act for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected is 5 per 10,000 exposures. We do not have statistical estimates for "unknown status" exposures, but it would be less than for the confirmed-positive statistic indicated above. Circumcision decreases the risk of female-to-male HIV transmission significantly. (The exact size of this effect varied among various clinical trials.) The bottom line is that cut or not, latex or polyurethane condoms are still necessary for penetrative sex if you want to avoid HIV.

Weight loss is common in later-stage HIV/AIDS. (Chubby or skinny-minnie is not really relevant.)

Antibody test with NAAT tests, combo
I've searched and searched but cannot find the answer