hiv notification

hi, heres my situation im 23 and used to donate blood. well yesterday i got a call from a blood center in the county i used to live saying that they were reviewing my case and it was determined i was hiv positive. well i have not donated blood in almost 7 years and have been tested countless times since and all came back negative. yes i have engaged in unprotected sex in my monogamous relationship. now i was in a crowded area when i got the call and didnt quite here who they asked to speak to and being it was my mobile i assumed they had the right number. also im thinking it was the wrong number or someone playing a joke on me cause i jus got this new number which mean it isnt even on my file. in addition, i thought something like that they call u to reveal the results in person. and this particular blood service have recently called me wanting a donation so why would they even do that if i tested positive. i kno this is long but i jus wanted u to have all the details. i am going to get tested again tomorrow to be certain. my questions is, Is this the way blood services notify donors of their status and should i be worried? if this is not protocol and my test is negative who can i file a complaint to about this because like always someone else cud have answered my phone and my confidentiality would have been out the window

First of all if you haven't donated blood for seven years and have had "countless" negative tests over the past seven years, you have not reason to be concerned about the call from the blood bank.

Next, remember the reason you go to a blood bank is to make a blood donation, not to be screened for STDs. Screening tests at blood donation centers are designed to protect the blood supply, not to diagnose HIV disease. False-positive tests are not uncommon with blood bank screening. If someone tests preliminarily positive, their blood is discarded and they are notified by phone and/or letter and advised to follow-up with their physician for more specific testing for possible bloodborne diseases (HIV, hepatitis, etc.).

I have no doubt you are HIV negative. As for filing a complaint, you can contact the blood donation center; however, you may have signed a waiver for notification as part of your consent form.

I also agree: your call could very well have been a wrong number or crank call.

Bioalcamid problem
Antibody test with NAAT tests, combo