Strip club encounter

Dr. Bob,

I've been really safe at strip clubs. I'm a bit paranoid. Tonight was no different. I went to a topless only club. My shirt was taken off at one point, but my pants stayed on, and so did the girls'.

This time was different in that I went into their VIP room for 2 hours. Spent a nice chunk of change that I regret. In any case, I had an hour with one girl, and that was just mostly back massage and lap dancing. I'm a bit concerned about the last girl, however.

At one point, I put my hands up on the sides of the wall, and felt a sharp piece of wood or a sharp corner. Didn't think much of it, and about 15-20 minutes later, the final girl decided she wanted to bite my finger and put it in her mouth. Once my finger was in her mouth, I quickly pulled away, as it made me uncomfortable.

Still, no worries though. Except that when I got home, I noticed a few things:

First, the finger she had put in her mouth (for only about 2 seconds, no longer) had a totally bitten fingernail. I don't think it was bitten enough to be bleeding, but I bite my nails a lot.

Second, I noticed a small papercut-like cut on the finger about an inch behind the nail on the side, and I thought about it and realized that the cut had most likely been from that piece of wood in the VIP booth. Now, I know you can't get HIV from an in-animate object, but my worry is that the cut may have been open a very tiny amount when she put the finger inside her mouth at one point.

So what are my risks? Small, open cut inside strippers mouth for 2 seconds is basically what it boils down to.

Will donate, so hope that helps!

- Sleepless in Portland

Hello again Sleepless,

The HIV-acquisition risk of having your finger in a stripper's mouth for two seconds is nonexistent, even if you have an assortment of cuts and neurotically bitten fingernails. Please note saliva that does not contain visible blood is not a risk for HIV transmission.

Be well.

testing negative with symptoms
Bioalcamid problem