Strip club encounter (Really worried!)

Hi Bob,

I wrote you a few hours ago before going to bed about my stripper encounter last night and that I came home with a cut on my finger.

I've actually just woken up, went to the bathroom, and realized that there are actually THREE cuts. I'm not quite sure where they came from. I remember last night going to the bathroom after one of the dances and realizing that my finger felt a bit "weird", but the cuts weren't visible yet I guess.

So now I'm worried - I obviously had three open cuts on my right pointer finger, am unsure where they came from (most likely the wood underneath the lap dance booth when I reached down to grab my beer). These cuts were obviously open during the remainder of my night, including two lap dances, and also when one of the strippers put my finger in her mouth for a few seconds and/or tried to BITE it (but I stopped her).

I can't remember if it was the same finger, but I'm REALLY worried! This would be direct contact with blood as these cuts were open!

I used to be one of those people who would have magically thought the thing that cut me 3 times on my finger was an "HIV infected needle attached to the bottom of the stripper booth". I'm a lot better about that now, and have had good control since only going to topless clubs of accepting the fact that there is minimal risk, but these cuts really have me concerned as I have no idea where they came from!

Thoughts? Donation incoming.

- Sleepless in Portland

Hello Sleepless in Portland,

I have no idea where your three cuts came from. Nor do I feel they pose an HIV risk for you at the Badda Bing. If you remain worried, despite my reassurance, get a single HIV-antibody test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

Thanks for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Be well. Stop worrying.

hiv- index value
PEP RELATED SIDE EFFECTS (PEP AND THE NEED FOR HIV SPECIALIST) (HARM REDUCTION STRATEGIES FOR MAGNETIC COUPLES, 2009)