Doc can you help me puhlease!!
Oct 15, 2009
I am begging you to answer my question. PLEASE.
I took the western block again and again it came back indeterminate. I feel like I am losing my mind. The P31 band is still reactive. I have to test again she said this time she will do a different test. I truly believe that doctors that dont know anything about HIV testing should not be alloweed to give the any hiv related test. I was told by my ex that he took the rapid test and it came back in 30 minutes and it came back negative. My doctor told me that such a test does not exist and if it does the test results could not be trusted. I told her he said he didnt give blood but they scared his mouth she said that you have to give blood to be tested for viruses, HIV AIDS or HERPES. This will be the third test and I really want to know but I know more than her. I do not want to go to another doctor because I started with her and I am ashamed I put myself in this position and I do not want anyone to know.
You're all I got :) Please help the girl from the boondocks.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Hello Boondocks Gal,
You need to find a more competent physician. I think the one you currently have may have purchased her medical license on eBay. She's spouting off more misinformation and potentially harmful claptrap than Sarah Palin at a tea-bagger rally. A more competent (or even minimally competent) physician will be able to quickly review the test results you have to date and then order the correct tests if needed to definitively confirm your HIV status.
Three quick points:
1. Western Blot (not "Block") tests should only be run to confirm a positive ELISA, EIA or rapid test. Western Blot tests should not be run as stand-alone tests due to the rate of false positive results!
2. HIV rapid tests have been widely available for several years. The results are very accurate.
3. I have no idea what you mean by "they scared his mouth," but if your doctor is advising folks to give blood so they can be tested for viruses, including HIV, she is a complete moron. Such advice is not only unconscionably wrong; it is also potentially dangerous, as it puts the nation's blood supply at risk.
Boondocks or not, you need and deserve more competent medical care and expertise.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Psoriasis A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is White Spots A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.