I was rape and put on PEP

I was raped last just October 2nd 2009 which was Friday morning around 3 or 4 a.m. I didn't know about Post Exposure Medication until two days later Sunday night. I am a 25 year old female and the guy who raped me was approximately in his 50's. He was obviously and clearly a drug user. A very filthy, old scummy looking man with very long hair. Anywa, he raped me vaginally and had ejaculated inside of me. There was no vaginal bleeding. After the shell shock and I found out about PEP via the internet, I went to the hospital who called the police. They did give me a prescription for 3 different drugs. One was Kaletra 250mg to be taken 2 pills twice a day for 30 days. The second drug was Viread which was 300 mg to be taken one pill one time a day. Lastly, Epivar 300 mg 1 time per day. All three pills were to be taken for 30 days. The problem? No pharmacy had the drug in, and they had to all be ordered so I didn't get them until Monday evening around 5:30 p.m. which was October 5th I couldn't get the Kaletra until Monday evening at 9 pm! This went beyond the 72 hours into the 4rth day. I am so scared I can't even funtion. I am a college student who had to withdraw from school this semester. I read on your website and many others I'm basically taking early HIV treatment drugs after 72 hours not PEP. Should I really be taking these drugs being it's not even PEP for me anymore. I had all my baselines tested at HIV negative and no STD's. I never have had high risk behavior so that would only make sense. PLEASE HELP.

Generally speaking, PEP is not recommended beyond 72 hours after an exposure. As with anyone who has had an exposure significant enough to warrant a course of PEP, I recommend you be followed by an HIV physician specialist. He will take a more detailed history and advise you whether to continue PEP. (See below.)

Remember, even if the scumbag who forced himself on you is HIV infected, the statistical odds are still very much in your favor that you did not acquire the virus.

Are you...
can I WOO HOO?