Herpes Zoster ( Donation from the Middle East)

Hello Dr. Robert, I do really appreciate the work you do you are really a great person and I can't express my feelings towards you but you can say that I am one of your big fan. it's been a year since I started checking this site daily. Dr. I have only one problem which is Herpes Zoster this is started on sep. 2008 and it persists till today. I had some unprotected vaginal intercourse before 3 years and I had an HIV test done after 2 years of my last risky exposure it was negative. other tests had been done and they were normal too. but I am still worried about the frequent bout of Zoster why do I still have it. I did the HIV test thrice in Jordan do you think that the tests are reliable here in Jordan? do I need to test again? please Dr. help me , I promise to donate 200$ very soon.

First off, are you certain what you are experiencing is indeed herpes zoster (shingles)? I'd suggest you confirm the diagnosis with a dermatologist. Herpes zoster (varicella zoster virus, the chicken pox virus) is a reactivation of the virus in the skin over the area served by a single nerve root. It can cause painful blisters in a confined area on one side of the body. Is this what you are experiencing? A dermatologist should be able to help and treatment is available if necessary.

As for HIV, your repeatedly negative HIV tests out two years from your last risky exposure are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further HIV tests are warranted. (Yes, the HIV tests in Jordan are reliable.)

Thank you for your generous donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and your one gift will touch many lives in desperate need. On behalf of those lives, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Be well!

$50 donation/blood on street incident
HIV/AIDS Denialism goes mainstream?