Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Herpes Zoster ( Donation from the Middle East)
Oct 13, 2009

Hello Dr. Robert, I do really appreciate the work you do you are really a great person and I can't express my feelings towards you but you can say that I am one of your big fan. it's been a year since I started checking this site daily. Dr. I have only one problem which is Herpes Zoster this is started on sep. 2008 and it persists till today. I had some unprotected vaginal intercourse before 3 years and I had an HIV test done after 2 years of my last risky exposure it was negative. other tests had been done and they were normal too. but I am still worried about the frequent bout of Zoster why do I still have it. I did the HIV test thrice in Jordan do you think that the tests are reliable here in Jordan? do I need to test again? please Dr. help me , I promise to donate 200$ very soon.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

First off, are you certain what you are experiencing is indeed herpes zoster (shingles)? I'd suggest you confirm the diagnosis with a dermatologist. Herpes zoster (varicella zoster virus, the chicken pox virus) is a reactivation of the virus in the skin over the area served by a single nerve root. It can cause painful blisters in a confined area on one side of the body. Is this what you are experiencing? A dermatologist should be able to help and treatment is available if necessary.

As for HIV, your repeatedly negative HIV tests out two years from your last risky exposure are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No further HIV tests are warranted. (Yes, the HIV tests in Jordan are reliable.)

Thank you for your generous donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and your one gift will touch many lives in desperate need. On behalf of those lives, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Be well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
$50 donation/blood on street incident
Next
HIV/AIDS Denialism goes mainstream?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.