oral sex - scared

Dear Dr. Bob,

I am repeating my question posed earlier today and sincerely appreciate your response.

Situation: I was given Oral sex with condom by a masseuse a couple of days ago. The condom was intact but some saliva may have dripped on my freshly shaved (and a little scraped) groin. I am terrified of the consequence with respect to HIV/STD transmission. I am 40/male/married. I intend to get tested but the waiting period is killing me inside as I have to keep this to myself....

Please answer! I will promise to never repeat such a stupid act and will support STD/HIV prevention efforts such as your foundation. Thanks in advance. Peace.

Your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent. Saliva that does not contain visible blood is not considered to be a risk for HIV transmission.

Your fears and anxiety are related primarily to guilt rather than any real risk of HIV. I would suggest you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it is also the right thing to do. I have no doubt your definitive three-month HIV-antibody test will be negative.

Thank you for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are and will remain HIV negative.

Be well. Good luck.

REF XXXX im still worry please help me just one more time
neurosyphilis