Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

oral sex - scared
Oct 13, 2009

Dear Dr. Bob,

I am repeating my question posed earlier today and sincerely appreciate your response.

Situation: I was given Oral sex with condom by a masseuse a couple of days ago. The condom was intact but some saliva may have dripped on my freshly shaved (and a little scraped) groin. I am terrified of the consequence with respect to HIV/STD transmission. I am 40/male/married. I intend to get tested but the waiting period is killing me inside as I have to keep this to myself....

Please answer! I will promise to never repeat such a stupid act and will support STD/HIV prevention efforts such as your foundation. Thanks in advance. Peace.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent. Saliva that does not contain visible blood is not considered to be a risk for HIV transmission.

Your fears and anxiety are related primarily to guilt rather than any real risk of HIV. I would suggest you level with your wife. It's not only the best way to confront your guilt; it is also the right thing to do. I have no doubt your definitive three-month HIV-antibody test will be negative.

Thank you for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that you are and will remain HIV negative.

Be well. Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
REF XXXX im still worry please help me just one more time
Next
neurosyphilis

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.