just finished watching PHILADELPHIA, freaking out now!!

Young HIV+ gay lawyer Tom Hanks says that his AIDS status was discovered thanks to a recent bout of pneumonia that led to his diagnosis. I was diagnosed with pneumonia last month and got tested 3 days ago and they called me from dr's office and said everything was fine. I searched the forum and read that some folks have been worried about intravenous pneumonia treatment altering antibodies test results and you have answered that antibiotics wont mess them up but... i am worried because i dont remember which IV pneumonia meds i was given and maybe it was something different than antibiotics. I have now developed sort of a blister in my mouth just like mr. Hanks, i got tested post 6 months last intercourse. Do you recomend another type of testing or waiting some months so that the effect of the medication goes away and getting re-tested? thanks a million dr. bob. I fully intend to make a donation to your extremely worthy cause.

Relax Max. You are not Tom Hanks and the type of pneumonia you had was not what Hank's character in Philadelphia had! Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP), the type of pneumonia the Hank's character had in the move, is seen in folks with severely depressed immune systems. If you had this, you would know! You've been HIV tested six months after your last potential exposure. That test is conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional tests are warranted.

Thanks for you tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Now hopefully you won't be writing back to me after you watch the Harry Potter movies, wondering if you can perform magic.

Be well. Stay well. (Yes indeed you are well!)

Is testing warranted (oral), please, will donate
Dangerous Kissing ? Pls help !!! =(