New transmission routes identified by CDC, does it change the bottom line?

Hi Dr. Frascino,

Its been a few years since I visited the forum, but am in need of your assurance/expertise again.

I know that normally HIV is not transmitted by food. But with the new evidence of the mothers pre-chewing food and all, I am now worried about my incident that occurred the other day.

The local sandwich shop food handler had a bandage on his index finger and wore plastic gloves. But I am now worried with the new evidence, what if the plastic bag teared and if he was bleeding and if some of the blood were passed through the bandage and if I ate the sandwich that he prepared, should I be worried about HIV tranmission?

If I had a small cut in my mouth from the day before, does that change your answer about HIV transmission? Medically, would you warrant a HIV test in this case?

Glad to write to you again, and your assurance is greatly appreciated. It's not always about donation, but just like always after a question, it is on its way.

Thank you. Merci!

My assessment remains unchanged: no risk! HIV testing is not warranted. The information about pre-chewing food related to infants with immature immune systems.

Thanks for your ongoing support of The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's warmly appreciated.

Stop worrying. You're fine. OK?

Why no immediate HIV test yet?
JUST GOT MY NUMBERS