Please Help Me Dr... Am helpless

Hello friends and doctor First I am very sorry, if me disturbing you all since this is ma second post First , I pardon for my English not being very accurate.

I am Dellon, live in Sri Lanka. Had unprotected sex with an average bodied Australian guy, in two month a back. I held insertive pos. one exposure. At the end of the exposure I had washed all my penis and came back with clothes, had a discussion. Noticed, He had a skin flake on his thigh and three times he had cramps in our discussion. But he said, he is medicating due to a neuron problem, he is having from an accident in Aus.

He was kindda fallen in love on me and asking me to stay over the night and to visit him regularly. I didnt even contact him there after, as a spiritual thing was making me to not to KIT with him.

Time went so calmly and at the fifth week he sent me an e mail saying he is HIV +. Then there my problems started. I had a test in fallowing day, a week after result came negative. But I was dam anxiety and start searching lymph nodes and glands. By touching all them started giving pain. Again, I had started A body pain, kindda muscle, specially In shoulders , hands , fingers, thighs and legs.....

Those were the only symptoms I could find, Though I am regularly suffering from cold and fever form my child hood, I had no Fever in last two months ever. oops, forgot to mention, a slight cough is there,started at 5th week onwards. And I had small pimple on my left arm at 7th week and after I broke it, became a painful pus-filled tumor... Took some medicine and went away.

Dear friends/doctor, Now I am at a desperate situation, since I am the only child to serve my poor parents, cant imagine, what would happen to my mom, if am positive.

Please, 1. What are the possibilities, to me to get my 3rd months test positive, after a negative test at 5th week? 2. With your experience, what you suggest based in all my symptoms, are they hiv symptoms??? 3. Dearest dears, Am I at a high risk?? What you feel on the tumor, which I had on my arm? 4. is it possible a person to get peal skin flakes with no reason but due to weather change and get cramps due to neuron problems, after a car accident? Or are those closer to hiv symptoms??

Thanks for your kind helps in advance.

Good luck. Dellon

Hello Dellon from Sri Lanka,

1. Your HIV-acquisition risk is unprotected insertive anal sex with an HIV-positive partner. The CDC estimates the per-act statistical risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected insertive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV infected is 6.5 per 10,000 exposures. Your negative HIV test at five weeks is encouraging, but not definitive. You'll need to wait until the three-month mark for a conclusive result. There is no way I can predict the final result.

2. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. That said, your symptoms are much more consistent with anxiety than HIV.

3. Unprotected anal sex is considered high risk. I cannot evaluate the "tumor" on your arm over the Internet.

4. Unfortunately I cannot evaluate such nonspecific symptoms over the Internet. Since he told you he was HIV positive, it's possible his symptoms are HIV related.

Dellon, the take-home lesson here for you and all forum readers is Dr. Bob's #1 rule: Consider all sexual partners could bel HIV infected and take all the necessary precautions (condoms!) to prevent transmission of the virus.

Good luck Dellon!

concerned college kid
So anxious please help?? posted once before (WHAT YOU DONT KNOW CAN KILL YOU, 2009) ( IS IT BETTER TO GET HIV TESTED OR NOT TO KNOW, 2009)