I asked you atleast 10 times but you never replied please this time please
Oct 9, 2009
Dear Doc Good Day,
I have written to you 10 times and you never replied.I am soory to say you put no head to my questions.I am wrinting last time and if you donot teply i will stop wrinting to you.
My questions are.
1)How long hiv antibody survive in blood taken from hiv positive patient or they die sooon like hiv virus if it is kept in open test tube for 10 t0 12 hours. 2)Since virus die soon after blood is taken from HIV positive patinet did hiv antibody also die soon in blood if it is kept at room tempetuate say for 6 hours 3)If blood is drawn from hiv positive person and kept in open test tube at room temperture will he still test positive on raped hiv test after 24 hours. 4)Is HIV antibody and HIV virus is inter related will one blood sample of hiv positive person will test positve even hiv virus die in blood sample say afer 24 hours when blood id drwan from hiv positve person.
Response from Dr. Frascino
I "put no head" to your questions? I'm not sure what that even means, but OK.
1. HIV antibodies are not alive, so they don't die. They are circulating blood proteins made by the body's immune system in response to HIV infection.
2. See #1 above.
3. A "raped" HIV test??? Hmm. Rapid HIV tests are performed immediately with results available within 20 minutes. If the blood sits around for 24 hours, I wouldn't call it a rapid test!
4. You seem to be asking the same question over and over. OK, one last time. HIV is as virus. It does not live very long outside the body. Anti-HIV antibodies are circulating blood proteins made by the immune system. They are not alive, so they do not die, OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Rash An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Take Amoxicillin For Vaginal Infections?
- Are Painful Swollen Lymph Nodes In Back Of Head Sign Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.