why would it take 10 years before gene therapy is here

Hi Dr Robert, you are our shining light and my hero, l am a big fan,

this is where the praise stops, you have doctor friend in UCLA Dr Ron Misurura and he is leading the way in gene therapy for us who have hiv....

Dr Robert its well documented we are 10 years away before gene therapy is a option for hiv treatment, because of funding and trial issues,

my question is why cant we speed the process up by getting goverment people involved to fund more gene therapy trials ???

so many good people make one bad mistake and hiv makes you pay the price all day long everyday,

l think its time everyone got behind gene theray trails and you knows in 5 years time... we could swithch hiv off to a harmless virus...

Dr Robert you know Dr Ron at UCLA give him a call and lets people behind the gene therapy trials,

l will put my hand up to start a fund raiser to cover costs and get people started...

my hero please tell me l am not dreaming ???

It would be nice if all it took was a call between two friends to speed up a cure for HIV/AIDS. Unfortunately that is not reality. We have no guarantee that gene therapy or other promising immune-based therapies will prove to be curative or even helpful. Only scientific advancements and clinical trials will unlock the secrets necessary to conquer the virus. Complex and potentially dangerous clinical trials take a considerable period of time to design, enroll, conduct and analyze. And, of course, they are costly. As a person coexisting with HIV, I, too, would like to speed the process along as much as possible, but there are realities of sound safe scientific investigation that come into play.

I encourage you to get involved with battling the pandemic in whatever way you can -- fundraiser, educator, clinical trial participant, whatever.

Yes, you are dreaming, but all great discoveries begin with a dream and vision, right?

Exposure via eye from nondetectable viral load HIVpt.
Transmission of HIV in mixed HIV status, heterosexual couple