Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please help .....freaked out as hell
Oct 7, 2009

hey its a bit weird and you might think I'm really paranoid but this has been bugging be for a long time. A friend i think is HIV+ offered me a biscuit which was partially eaten by him and without thinking much i ate it. Ive a bit of gum inflammation n many dental caries. Was i at any risk of contracting HIV. That day i used a safety pin sort of thing to like clean the holes in teeth ( gross but was out of toothpics). Some biscuit might have been in there. About a week later i cleaned the teeth with the same pin (still out of toothpics) which was left uncleaned, and i punctured my gum and it bled. Was I at any risk? please answer because i cant think of anything other than this and im scared as hell

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Your HIV risk from munching on a secondhand biscuit from an HIVer is nonexistent, even if you do have gum inflammation and many dental caries. Your "freaked out as hell" anxiety is unwarranted.

I must also add using a "safety-pin-sort-of-thing" as a toothpick and puncturing your gums is causing many of our readers to shiver. Do you use a machete to trim the hairs in your nose or maybe a guillotine to clip your toenails? Dude, go see your dentist and get some toothpicks. Frevinsakes!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Worried about risk, looking for peace of mind
Next
NOT A QUESTION, JUST A HANDFUL OF THANK YOU.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.